Monday, June 6, 2011

Happy Lunch Time Brian!

Ah yes, it's summer time again. I remember writing last summer that I was going to post about my freshman year in highschool, but life got too busy, and I never posted a single thing.

A couple of months ago, Brian, this cool guy at my church, said he spent his lunch time reading blogs, but I hadn't posted anything new, so I'm guessing he was... disappointed?

So here we go. A little catch up on the more exciting things that have happened since last summer...

1. I started highschool. It wasn't as scary as people made it out to be. I never once got put in a trash can, and I never told any body out of fear that it would happen. I broke a rule and went off campus for lunch a couple of times, but I never got caught. Suckas.

2.I turned fourteen, I know what your thinking, "Daniella is only fourteen?! What?" Yeah, I get that alot. It kind of sucks, because most of friends are getting their permits and they're able to get jobs, but I'm still not old enough.

3. The band I was in but never wrote about (Forever and a Day) is no longer a band. We didn't "break up" like famous bands do when they hate each other, we just kind of stopped. (Why? see number three.)

4. My youth group (formerly Remnant Youth) went through some changes. Our name was changed to OnEightYouth (180), meaning when you get saved, you make a 180 degree turn in your life, not a 360, because then you would just be right back where you started. Also, the age limit was originally twelve to twenty one, but it got changed to twenty. Sure, it was only a year difference, but it made a difference in our band. G.O., our drummer, was 22. Our guitarists were both 19 and about to turn 20. This meant that they would be booted out of youth group. Our band was a youth sponsored band, so we were SQUASHED. But hey, I'm kind of glad, it was so stressful, and (guys if you're reading this, sorry.) they got on my nerves SO BAD!

5. I got a part in the school play, "Maybe, Baby it's You." It was a small part, but it was a part none the less. I played the part of woman. Nope, I didn't have a name, and I was quite disappointed because I thought I as cast as an extra. But, I was wrong, I was in the opening scene, and I represented a majority of women, who have so many expectations for the person they want to spend the rest of their lives with. They create in their minds, the "Perfect Man," and as time passes, they have to lower their expectations.

6. I was on the Principals Honor Roll for earning a 4.3 GPA and ranking number 18 in my class. I'm not trying to brag, I wasn't expecting to finish my year off that great, so I'm actually quite surprised.

8. I lettered in choir. I originally thought Letters were for athletics, but no, you can letter in choir, and I did.

9. I finished my freshman year in highschool with ALL of my required credits.

10. I enrolled in a college course for the next school year, so I am officially a college student, with an ID number and everything.

11. I found out I'm going to Oregon for this years Pioneer Boot Camp! I even get to go with one of my best friends. I am so organized this year too! I have a notebook.

12. I got my first real live babysitting job. I mean, sure, I babysit my nephews and neices sometimes, but I sometimes, excuse me, most of the time, don't get paid. This job is FOR REAL.

13. I finally posted a blog. Win? I think so.

Love, Daniella

No comments:

Post a Comment